Alpha Shooter is an evaluation of your ability to perform pistol and rifle marksmanship under extreme stress in a prolonged setting. Competition breeds excellence; you will be ranked among the other shooters and be evaluated on a pass/fail basis. The expectation is that at a minimum you can do a 10K ruck march with 45/30lbs on your back, physical exercise rotations, assemble your weapon, and engage targets with a high level of accuracy. Physical training and live fire will be highlighted as well as a memory component,weapons manipulation/transitions, target acquisition, and moving and shooting. If you meet the standards for both platforms, you will be awarded the coveted Alpha Shooter patch.
This event is expected to last at least 30 hours and participants will be required to sleep on site and live out of a ruck or kit bag.
Bragg Alpha Shooter is time to show off your rucking and firearm skills and it pays to be a winner. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place participants will each receive an additional winners patch. Sign up, train up, and show up for a chance to earn this one of a kind patch.
Participants are expected to consistently score 70% on a 20 round course of fire from 15 meters using an IPSC A-zone target with the same equipment they will use to participate.
Participants must be able to accurately engage 10 rounds with your primary weapon, transitioning to your secondary weapon, and firing the additional 10 rounds with the dominant hand only. All this will be done after extensive physical activities to include, but not limited to, long range movements with a 45/30lb ruck, rope climbs, burpees, and other high level physical stressors.
Alpha Shooter is a test of true grit and skill that will pair the GORUCK Tough rucking strength and stamina with firearms marksmanship and tactical acuity. You will be put against your peers from the GRT community, firearms community, and professionals alike in a test of both physical and mental fortitude. Anybody can be fast and accurate with enough time spent on the flat range. Most can put in the time and gain the endurance necessary to ruck long and fast; but few can combine the two under pressure. Alpha Shooter is the ultimate opportunity to test yourself against your fellow badasses.
The Alpha Shooter course will have two separate events: Pistol and Rifle. Each participant will have the opportunity to participate in both events.
2. Standing position start with rifle in C3. Kneel and fire 5 rounds, change magazines standing nd fire 5 rounds on a new 25M target 30sec Max time. Rifle is cleared and grounded. Now perform 10 American kettle bell swings with ruck.
3. Kneeling position start with rifle in C3. Stand and fire 5 rounds, kneel and fire 5 rounds on a new 25M target 30sec Max time Rifle is cleared and grounded. Now perform 10 burpees with ruck on back.
4. Standing position start with rifle in C1 (Safe on, Bolt Forward, round in chamber, magazine in). Move forward and shoot on a new target with a hard stop at 10 meters. No time limit but must be moving at all times.
Ruck 3 miles out and back. With 30/20LBS Male/Female in 45 min max Assemble weapon upon arrival in 30 seconds. (1 point off every second over) Hold high plank for 60 seconds on firing line.
1. Standing position start with pistol in holster in C1 (Round in Chamber). Ruck is slung over the support hand and used as a shield over the chest. 10 rounds are fired on a 10M target with the dominant hand. 30sec Max time. Pistol is cleared and holstered. Now perform 10 rucksack thrusters
2. Standing position start with pistol in support hand in C1. Ruck is slung over the dominant hand and used as a shield over the chest. 10 rounds are fired on a 10M target with the support hand. 30sec Max time. Pistol is cleared and holstered. Now perform 10 American kettle bell swings with ruck.
3. Standing position start with pistol in C1. Stand and fire 5 rounds magazine change kneel and fire 5 rounds on a new 25M target. Two magazines with 5 rounds each. 30sec Max time. Pistol is cleared and holstered. Now perform 10 burpees with ruck on back.
4. Standing position start with pistol in C1, at a low ready. Move forward and shoot on a new target with a hard stop at 5 meters. No time limit but must be moving at all times.
Default target for both courses of fire: Tactical Law Enforcement Target
40 rounds total each weapon. 5 magazines each weapon, pre loaded with 10, 10, 10, 5, 5. 70% on both weapon platforms for a pass and meeting ruck/PT standards as published. Participant with the highest score (1st place) to receive free tactical event in GORUCK account and invitation to GORUCK APEX Shooter.
Alpha Shooter is time to show off your Rucking and Firearm Skills and it pays to be a winner. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place participants will each recieve an additional Gold, Silver, and Bronze patch. Sign up, train up, and show up for a chance to earn this one of a kind patch.
Geoff likes cameras in his face, hair gel, Hollywood, fast cars, and his dog. And who doesn't love a guy who loves his dog so of course he fits in perfectly around here.
Chuy is a city slicker from Brooklyn, New York – raised by non-English speaking, deep-country islanders. He enjoys flying his personally trained hunting eagle to provide for his beautiful bride, 3 untamed children, and 2 wild dogs (Moose & Spider). He looks forward to someday retiring from the US Army to become a professional B-boy.